Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kiss Ever PRO Lash Starter Kit


I'm the type of girl whose boyfriend has prettier lashes than her. Long, full, naturally curled, beautiful lashes... Kind of like the ones I received complimentary to test from Influenster in the Kiss Ever PRO Lash Starter Kit. I knew there would be lashes in this Beauty Bloggers box, so I thought it would be the new lashes with strings from Kiss. It was actually this starter kit with an applicator and adhesive. This kit is supposed to be great for people who are just starting out with fake lashes. The applicator is meant to make the process easier for those of us who just can't get the hang of applying falsies on our own. I've always wanted to be able to wear false lashes for special occasions, because like I said, I'm the type of girl who didn't freak out when she saw the woman with no eyelashes in the Kenan and Kel movie. Looked normal to me...

I've tried other lashes before and can never quite place them correctly. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case with these lashes. They looked super full and dramatic to me, so I decided to try to put them to use with my Halloween costume, just in case they didn't look very natural. I didn't have to cut them at all, so that was one less hassle. I didn't really like the applicator, though. They're basically little pink tweezers and I wasn't sure how that would be easier than just using my fingers. It felt awkward to try to place the lashes correctly with that. I found the adhesive provided to be better than expected. The lashes stayed on my lids, right in place, for the whole night. I've always heard it's just better to buy eyelash adhesive than to use the stuff provided with the lashes you buy, but this worked well for me.
I was Medusa. The lashes look very natural here :) 
I was able to get the lashes on in a matter of minutes, whereas with other lashes I am used to fighting with them for at least fifteen minutes and eventually giving up and throwing them away. I was amazed I had finally gotten my first falsies successfully on my eyes! I couldn't stop staring in the mirror at them. My eyes popped! They looked so good and really complemented my costume. They did look very dramatic, so I wouldn't wear them for any normal day. But these were really fun for a bold night eye. I definitely will be checking out other lashes from Kiss for more natural looking ones that I can wear more often. I am so excited to be able to use these now!

This starter kit can be found at Walgreens for $4.99. They are made from the highest quality human hair, and the adhesive is latex free, odor free, and waterproof, with a flexible formula for 24hr hold. There's also the applicator if you feel you have trouble working with your fingers. Personally that was just easier for me, but I like the option in case. Wearing these lashes felt kind of strange at first, but I got used to them after a while. I think being a newbie it just felt weird having them on the first time. They weren't uncomfortable, but felt very noticeable for the first hour or so. I'm sure the more I use them I will be able to get used to the feeling. Go try a pair of Kiss lashes yourself! They're so fun.
Hope your Halloween was happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment