Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Blogger's Best Friend

When I started this blog, I just wanted to use it as an outlet for my thoughts as well as a tool to keep me writing regularly.  I haven't been able to bundle all of my posts into one theme like I originally planned.  Fortunately, when I started this blog, I also became a member of a site called Influenster.  I've written another post, A Little Thing Called Influenster , about the site and how it works.  That has been my most popular post. It has gotten me my most hits and still continues to.  I wrote it a couple months ago after receiving my first voxbox from them. It was so exciting for me because I didn't expect anything to come from being a member.  But let me tell you, the perks are unreal!

"They looks awesome!" :| 


Influenster just relaunched its site with a brand new makeover and it is better than ever.  If there was a perfect time to become a member, it would be now. The premise is still the same: join, unlock badges that apply to your lifestyle and qualify you for voxboxes, receive and review products.  However, they've made big changes that have already made being an Influenster so much more fun.  First off, you need an invite to join (kind of like pinterest).  I have 4 invites left to send out to anyone looking to join right away.  Second, the site is set up a lot more like a social networking site now (making it a lot more user friendly as well as more entertaining to spend time on).


On the site, you'll have a profile page where you'll want to connect all of your social media accounts (facebook, twitter, blogs, etc).  Every Influenster has a personal score now that tells you where you stand in the community.  The more social networking you do and helpful reviews you write, the higher your score. It's a fun game that helps you gauge how well you are doing.  There is also a sidebar where all of your badges are located as you earn them.  Influenster added all kinds of new badges that apply to a wide variety of people. You can have up to 5 expert badges (to start off) that you feel apply best to your lifestyle.  Each of these badges has their own score based on reviews you write on the site and based on your social networking. Right now I have an Influenster score of 64, and my highest expert badge score is an 80 for the beauty queen badge. Under the expert badges you will have others, like lifestage badges which help determine your demographic. For example, I have the collegiate badge for college students.  (There is an upcoming uni voxbox, just throwing it out there! Students, join now!)  There are also voxbox badges and brand badges which you can earn when you receive a voxbox and complete reviews on the products you like best.  Brand badges can help you win prizes of gifts from your favorite brands! I recently won a NYC New York Color brand challenge after my Latina beauty box and will be receiving a prize from them soon!


Your profile page will also list a "plan of attack," which gives you specific tasks that you can complete to boost your scores.  The "Fun File" is where they will post upcoming programs that you have been pre-selected or qualified for.  It also helps to keep up to date on your email since they send out pre-selection notices that way too.You don't want to miss those because there will be deadlines for surveys that can qualify you for a box. You should "like" Influenster on facebook for recent updates as well as occasional contests for boxes/products.


Since this relaunch just happened, Influenster has a TON of programs coming up which means more chances to qualify for a voxbox of your own!  You just need to join and get started right away.  I just qualified for the Beauty Blogger's voxbox which should be in the mail in the upcoming week. I can't wait to post about that! It's such a fun community to be a part of.  I definitely think Influenster is a blogger's best friend. If you blog about beauty, fashion, food, fitness, going green, games and gadgets, there's a badge for you! There are so many other categories too, including a lot more for guys! (Debonair, anyone?) Check it out and see what you like! The perks are endless for simply getting the word out about products you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment