Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"I think I'm being attacked by zombies, and I start screaming, 'you wanna make out?!'"

I have been taking the antibiotic, Solodyn, for a little over a week. One of the warnings on this medication is that it can cause very strange dreams. It says not to lie down for 30 minutes after taking it. I'm not sure why, but I assume because of the dreams. I have read of other people experiencing this side effect, but I had no problems with it my first time taking this drug. This time, it's different.

I woke up from a dream this morning that was unlike any I have had in a while. I'm not a big dreamer. I used to have a lot of dreams growing up, but for whatever reason, I don't have them all that often anymore (at least that I can remember).  Let me tell you about this one...

It started off normal. I was in my hometown hanging out with my friends, walking by the high school football field, when suddenly, HORDES of zombies. At first, I looked at my friends and we were all kind of like, "no. way." Then a group of frantic people ran by screaming, confirming that there was a zombie invasion in town. We scattered. My boyfriend was with me and he and I came upon an airplane just landed in the middle of town. We got on and the people on board were in a panic. No one knew what to do in the event of a zombie attack. Zombies were crowding all around the outside of the plane and fighting to get on and eat all of our sweet flesh, or something. Instinctively, I barged into the cockpit and hijacked the plane for everyone's safety. 

I didn't fly the plane. I actually drove it down the street to a neighboring town and up a steep hill to a crazy, abandoned-looking mansion not unlike the one in the movie Casper. Everyone stayed on the plane while Steven and I decided to approach the mansion to find help. We were warmly greeted and invited in by a family of four-- a husband and wife with two teenage daughters.  They were just sitting down to a late dinner and made two extra spots for us at their table. This was so nice! I felt at ease and the food looked delicious... All except for the roast meat covered in what appeared to be blood-sauce. As it was passed my way, one the the daughters "accidentally" spilled the platter on me. The sauce was definitely just blood. I was appalled and jumped up to run off to the bathroom and clean up. As I tried to make my way to the stairs, the family surrounded me. I was unable to move. I could feel the man behind me breathing heavily on my shoulders and I turned just as he was about to clamp down on me. I'm not sure if they were zombies or vampires, but it was clear they all wanted a piece of me. At this point I was both terrified and completely amused. I either laughed or twitched myself awake in fear. I was laughing and shaking in my sleep because subconsciously I was SCARED, but consciously I found it all hilarious.  

The quote that titles this post is from the cartoon "Bob's Burgers." It's from "Tina" who has awkward hormone-induced dreams of zombies she wants to kiss... Watch the show! SO funny, and I'm not a cartoon-loving gal.

1 comment: