Thursday, November 1, 2012

Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins


Have you all seen these weird "spin pins" in stores? I see them all the time and I think, those would be great if they actually worked. I never trusted that they would really hold my hair, so I always talked myself out of buying them. Then, Influenster came along and decided to give me a set of spin pins for free, complimentary for testing purposes. I was so excited to see this product in my beauty blogger box so I could finally find out if they get the job done!

The spin pins I got were the set of two large ones. They also come in a set of three smaller ones, so if you think the two bigger ones just won't cut it, you might like to try those. They also have different colors for light or dark hair. Thankfully, I got the darker ones. They generally sell for $7.29, and I've seen them at Walgreens and Walmart multiple times.

The description that came in my voxbox says: Never have time for a great updo? Not anymore! The Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin allows you to easily achieve three chic updo styles. Simply twirl your hair up and spin the two spin pins in for a perfect undone bun, side bun, or double bun! Goody is known for their innovative hair accessories and styling tools, like these awesome pins, as well as the QuikStyle brush and Ouchless hair ties.

So, I was glad to find that the box had instructions for the three bun styles listed. For once, the styling instructions included with a product were as easy as they seemed! I thought that was great because I wasn't completely sure what to do with the pins myself.  For me, the pins work great with my hair straight or curly. Personally I prefer a curly, low, messy bun.   can't really achieve that with these pins right now because my hair is layered & not long enough to pull back and twist. But if I use a couple additional bobby pins I can do a high one easy. The box says these pins do the work of 20 bobby pins, and I do agree with that because to create the same kind of style I usually end up using about that many pins.

The day I tried these out specifically for the blog, I had straightened my hair. (It was actually the same day I tested out the EBOOST).  With my hair at the length it is, for now, I think this is the best use of the pins. They worked a little better with my hair straightened and I was able to still do something with my hair other than wearing it down and straight. I think wearing hair that way is just boring sometimes, so it was fun to have a new way to style it on my straight days. The bun held up all day, except when I was a little more active, when it loosened into a sort of low pony tail that I still found to be very cute! But, if you don't want that to happen, just don't wear these on days you're looking to be very active, and make sure to screw the pins tightly into your hair. It should hold great like it did for me! These pins are a great investment and I'm looking forward to buying the set of three small pins myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment